As I struggle to revive my own personal residential garage buildout project (which was put on hold due to other home renovations taking far longer than expected), I’m 85.573% sure I’m gonna go retro. I have very fond memories growing up in and around my grandfather’s Texaco station in SW Florida, which he started before I was born and kept running through the ’70s.
To that end, I’ve been searching for just the right amount of retro/modern mix as I plan things out. I still like the latest tool chests/workbench combos from the likes of Milwaukee, Craftsman, Husky, and others, but I really dig the look of these retro-refrigerator-looking tool box/tool chest combos by Sealey.
Sealey’s retro tool boxes are sold as three individual pieces—the top chest, middle box, and bottom cabinet with casters. Really, what makes these tool boxes look “retro” are the curves—everything else is just as boxy as any other tool chest. But that subtle design makes these things super-cool.
See Also: 7 Best Tool Chests for the Money
The specs on the Sealey retro tool boxes are much like others: ball bearing slide drawers with lift-and-latch functionality, integrated side handles, drawer liners, glossy powder coat finish, and independent top and bottom drawer locks. Sealey doesn’t appear to include integrated power stations, however, which is a common feature these days. But, these are retro, after all.
I’ve had a hard time finding these here in the US, as they’re made in the UK and Sealey doesn’t sell direct-to-consumer. They literally just point you to a Google search of the product SKU. They also haven’t responded to my email. Blah. Still, I’ve seen a few dealers who say they ship to the US, but that could be very expensive.
So… my search for something like these here in the US continues. If you know of something similar, please comment below.
Also, here’re top three best selling Sealy Tool Boxes on Amazon!
- 3 Drawer Mid-Box with Ball Bearing Slides - Red/Grey
- Tool Chests
- American Pro
- Additional storage to be used with the rest of the American PRO range.
- Features smooth 25mm ball-bearing drawer slides and cylinder lock for additional security.
- Overall Size (W x D x H): 605 x 260 x 250mm.
- Small Drawer (x2): 510 x 220 x 50mm; Medium Drawer (x1): 510 x 220 x 65mm.
- TWO YEAR GUARANTEE FROM A REPUTABLE UK COMPANY – Founded in 1978, Sealey is a large...
- All heavy gauged steel construction and manufactured with steel inner walls for extra...
- Heavy-duty 45mm ball bearing drawer slides provide superior performance and carry heavier...
- Full height rear locking mechanism, locks full-length drawers in multiple locations