‘Tis the season for pressure washing and our inboxes here at GarageSpot.com are full of messages from brands announcing all of their latest power washers. One, in particular, stood out because it’s geared toward the homeowner looking for a complete pressure washing system that’s easy and efficient to use, yet powerful enough to tackle even the toughest of jobs.
The new Generac 7122 SpeedWash from Generac Power Systems is pretty much like other gas-powered pressure washers, but unlike conventional pressure washers that require you to change tips for different cleaning jobs, the SpeedWash instead makes use of Generac’s latest innovation: the PowerDial.
The PowerDial, which is located on the pressure washer’s gun, allows the operator to adjust output pressure based on the cleaning task at hand. There are four settings: an automobile setting, designed specifically for washing a car; a wood setting for cleaning siding, fences and the like—typically vertical surfaces; a concrete setting intended for cleaning driveways and pavements—typically horizontal surfaces; and a soap setting for applying detergent and cleaning products.
The Generac SpeedWash is available as either a 2900 PSI washer or a 3200 PSI washer. Both systems use the PowerDial wand, so both will offer variable pressure settings. Both units are also powered by Generac’s 196cc OHV engine with a brass pump, which will last longer than the aluminum pumps found in many residential pressure washers.
See Also: Our Review of 7 Best Pressure Washers for Car Cleaning
There are three accessories, which Generac is bundling with the SpeedWash pressure washers, making for a well-rounded system:
- The Turbo Nozzle delivers a rotating pinpoint stream designed to remove stubborn dirt and grime off of tough surfaces much faster than standard nozzles. This nozzle is ideal for cleaning hard surfaces, like brick and concrete.
- The Soap Blaster deploys detergent at a higher pressure than a standard nozzle and agitates for better stain penetration and cleaning power. SpeedWash machines also have an onboard detergent tank in the front.
- The Power Broom (pictured below) is used for cleaning decks, patios, driveways, and sidewalks. The attachment incorporates pressure nozzles, rubberized wheels, and a debris shield within a sturdy housing to offer 12″ of surface coverage. The Power Broom is only bundled with the 3200 PSI model, however.
Both SpeedWash models come with Generac’s 30′ Versatech hose, which the company says is the most flexible in the industry. The Versatech hose is non-marring, abrasion-resistant, and resistant to kinking.
The Generac 7122 SpeedWash is available from big-box home centers and Amazon.com.
Here’s a video tour of the Generac SpeedWash system:
- Clean smarter. Clean up to 50% faster.
- Power Dial ergonomic spray gun allows you to easily adjust the pressure needed between...
- Attachments included: Turbo nozzle removes dirt and grime 30% faster, soap blaster sprays...
- Generac 196cc OHV engine delivers maximum cleaning performance
- Includes 25 feet high pressure flex hose (kink resistent, non-marring) and 4 quick-change...