I friggin’ HATE the flimsy, never-ending puzzle that is the pegboard system. Ugh. So, as I shop some options to organize my own tools for [the soon-to-relaunch-now-that-other-home-renovations-are-almost-done] Project Baker, I’m trying to find something similar to pegboard that isn’t pegboard.
I actually have several metal modular pegboard panels, but I still have to deal with all those hooks and whatnot. That’s really the part of the pegboard system that I just don’t like, despite the system allowing for just about any configuration.
These polypropylene panels snap together to create an expandable wall tool organizer. Simply press one of the system’s various hangers into the board, rotate it, and it locks in place. And there are only six types of hangers/hooks, versus the dozens of different kinds made for traditional pegboard systems. I know… more options is usually a good thing. Not for me, in this case. I like the simplicity of the Hansen system.
What I don’t really like are the small 11½” x 18″ panels. I get that this is a modular system, but larger panel options would be nice. That said, you can hang the panels either horizontal or verticle. And while I don’t know how much weight any of the panels or hooks will support, polypropylene is pretty tough stuff—much stronger than pegboard. The six hangers/hooks are made from a glass-filled nylon resin and are slightly pitched to prevent tools from falling off the board. Smart.
The Tool Hanger System can be purchased as a kit or as individual pieces. Each panel is about $23, while each single twist-and-lock hanger/hook runs about $6. There is an 11-piece kit available for less than $35, which includes one panel and… guess how many hangers? ????
Here’s a video tour of the Hansen Tool Hanger System:
Shop Best Seller Hansen Global Tool Organization on Amazon!
- Easy Access and Organization for Individual Sockets
- Sizes Are Marked On Posts for Instant Identification
- Tough ABS Plastic Resists Gas, Oil and Abuse
- Thick Post Bases Secure Sockets while Edge Tangs Provide Easy Handling
- Made in the USA
- Organize your sockets for quick, easy identification by size and style
- Made of ABS high impact plastic with Lifetime Warranty
- Made in USA
- Holds both shallow and deep socket, impact or chrome, with each post marked
- Sockets sold seperately
- Hand Tools
- Tool Storage and Transfer Tanks
- Country of Manufactury: United States
- Part number: 5300